Sunday, November 7, 2010

Things I do instead of homework

I made this after the Hyper attention vs. Deep attention article. The text is probably hard to read. Sorry about that. =/
The dialogue goes like this:
Purple hair girl: "I'm downloading a playlist of fight songs, texting my mom, and googling fighting techniques!"
Orange hair girl: "I'm making a Pro-Hyper Attention blog, tweeting, and posting pictures of our robot on Facebook!"
Blue hair boy: "I Wikipediaed robots and spent like 2 hours watching Youtube videos of how to build robots before I started building, so this robot should be pretty good. I hope this universal remote works...This button either turns on the robot or opens my garage..."
Robot: "PREPARE TO DIE!"
Deep attention guy: "I've been studying the art of sword fighting since age 2. I have spend 14 hours of every day of the last 87 years sword fighting. I have 2 PhDs in sword fighting. I also love this sword more than I love my wife. Now, prepare to die!"

6 comments:

  1. This is my new favorite thing ever.

    And I think the outcome of the fight is contingent upon whether or not the blue-haired boy gave the robot lazers. Anything long-range would work, really. Short-range the robot is toast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like it! =]
    I agree about the lazers. I was going to draw the robot shooting lazers from his eyes but decided against it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly, you should totally send this to N. Katherine Hayles!! Seriously...it's great. (She's here: http://literature.duke.edu/people?Gurl=%2Faas%2FLiterature&Uil=n.hayles&subpage=profile )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sent it! Hopefully she appreciates it. =]

    ReplyDelete