Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Left behind

Anyone else noticed how many more iPads there are now on campus than last semester? Before Christmas, anyone with an iPad was basically in our class, but now this new age of the tablet seems to be flourishing and the fad is catching on. Seeing this evolution of technology firsthand on our campus is made me think of how far we have come with implementing this device. I feel like these new iPad users know just as much, if not more, about using the iPad than some of us do. I think over half of us in this class don't know, or don't want to know, how to use the new update of multi-tasking and folders that apple implemented I believe over two months ago.

This reading just got me thinking about how the way we are learning and the way we are interacting with each other is evolving and happening now as we participate in this class. The world is littered with social media. I was amazed and kind of disturbed at the same time when I needed a bible for my religion class, downloaded it for free on here, and proceeded to learn that I can either tweet or post on Facebook bible verses if I want to. Even Jesus is media friendly.

I just feel like even we can get left behind in this new age of technology at loyola, even though essentially we started it all. crazy to think that all it took was one semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment