Thursday, October 7, 2010

Appreciation

So I've started reading a lot of stories on the NPR app and the new York times app and posting them in my Facebook. This ability to immediately share a story with the world is appealing. I think this was possible before with email and what not but it has pushed me into a more connected role with the world. No longer am I oblivious to the happenings around me. The news keeps me entertained.
One short article (kinda like a blog post) targeted the idea that this is the most exciting time for books ever, believing that although "books in the sense of paperback and hardcore may be having a rough go with the kindle and the iPad, the convenience of these e readers more than makes up for it. He talks of the how we take the conventions of literate for granted. In the guttenburg era, the invent of the index took 60 years! Who knew? That is such common thing now.

What conventions that are new with the iPad will become taken assumed in the next few years? Even in months? Aren't we already taking it for granted? I know I am. I think we need to realize the immense possibilities of this creation. Maybe some of younguys have, but I know i haven't,

No comments:

Post a Comment